10. By 2009, an entire new generation of sci-fi fans will have been born, and we can use the last half of SeasonFour to squeeze profits from them.
9. The ass-beating the network will receive from Battlestar’s rabid fanbase will be less bloody than if we waited ’till 2010, like we originally wanted to.
8. Brilliant writing, acting, music, effects, and production have all come together on SciFi original series before. And it will all happen again.
7. SciFi network viewers are still stunned and confused from recent kickass programming with BSG. We must embrace our traditional mediocrity to comfort them.
6. In 2009, no one will be left alive who has seen the 1978 or 1980 Galactica series,eliminating pesky OG criticism.
5. Wouldn’t that be sweet if Battlestar Galactica ran for five years? FIVE YEARS!!
4. By 2009, inflation rates will have risen to the point where iTunes can charge what NBC wants for the shows.
3. The gap will help to explain why Chief Tyrol is already showing little Nicky how to shave.
2. When we finally view the end of Season Four, Adama and Tigh will be old enough to have been part of the original exodus to the twelve colonies, thus ending the debate about sailing ships once and for all.
1. Three words about the women in BSG: Sexier with age.