Keith C. wrote:
I have a theory on who the revealed Cylon will be in Season 3. I believe it will be Tom Zarek for the following reasons:
1. He is one of the few people who could be a Cylon without having to be a sleeper agent (as far as believability is concerned). Also, I don’t think RDM will do another sleeper agent because he doesn’t seem to like to cover ground that he has already covered.
2. Zarek is a master at pulling strings/manipulation (seems to be a prerequisite for a Cylon).
3. He has sowed dissent in the Colonial government as the leader of a Sagittaron terrorist movement (“Bastille Day”), worsening the relations between Sagittarons and citizens of other colonies.
4. In late season one he tried to become vice president and had his eye on the presidency should “something” happen to Roslin.
5. Helped turn Roslin against Adama and helped split the fleet (early Season 2), getting many to go to Kobol in order to find the way to Earth (I think Earth has always been the plan of the final-five Cylons).
6. He convinced Baltar to run for president and came up with the New Caprica settlement issue in order to hand Baltar the election (the Six in Baltar’s head has always believed he had a special destiny — maybe the final-five share this belief).
7. He has never had any problem having people killed to serve his goals (Season one & “Collaborators”). This also seems to be a prerequisite to be a Cylon.
8. The seven known Cylons imprisoned Zarek for 4 months and were going to execute him on New Caprica, giving D’Anna a great reason to apologize to him when she saw his face.
Well that is it. Of course the plausibility of this theory also depends on how long ago he was a Sagittaron terrorist (I figure the Cylons would need at least 10 to 20 years after the 1st Cylon war to develop humanoid bodies). It would also depend on whether he has any known/verifiable family (he was pretty well known before the fall of the Twelve Colonies).
On the other hand…MikeL989 wrote:
Roslin is the cylon.
1. Most of the female Cylons have affairs with powerful men (President Adar, Admiral Adama(?)), or people of influence.
2. Deanna Biers’ Cylons noted to the final five Cylon she recognized as “so beautiful,” and had she known who this Cylon was should would have treated her differently.
3. She is manipulating people: especially Adama, Lee, the Quorum, and Baltar. She regained the presidency through manipulation of Zarek. She attempted (poorly) to manipulate the election.
4. The hybrid child cured her “cancer.” If nothing else she now has Cylon in her.
5. She behaves differently when not wearing her glasses.
Personally, I think Zarek’s too cool and messed up and valuable a manipulator as a human- sort of like Ellen Tigh. He doesn’t need to be a Cylon. And, if Roslin’s manipulation of other people is a red flag for her being aCylon, then we need to add in about thirty other people to that list for consideration.
All right now, this is for the spoiler-free audience who’s still speculating, so let’s behave…