GWC Frak Party: “The Woman King”

If you’re not already attending a Frak Party — or hosting one! –join us here for the GWC online ‘party. Or hell, even if you are watching with friends, post their comments, too! There’s room for everyone, though you’ll have to bring your own snacks…

And, since we record the podcast right after the episode, we’ll check in here first to see what you had to say in real-time. Sweet.

See you here tonight!

46 Responses to "GWC Frak Party: “The Woman King”"
  1. Pike says:

Whoa. Slow down, Chuck. Four new topics in an hour?

Anyway, how many people are watching BSG on iTunes or taping it these days?

2. Chuck says:

Pike: Been working a lot and finally had a few minutes to get it all out…

3. Danielle says:

Chuck,

I am looking forward to the new ep and the podcast. I am really enjoying it, I am listening to some of the past ones as well as the new ones.

4. Its Boxey (O gods no) says:

4:45 wake up for BSG, thats dedication VHSVHS

5. frank says:

Here we go with a Helo is our concious episode.

6. Promethia says:

Did any part of those “previouslies” actually happen before? In the second half of them at least, I’m sure I haven’t seen any of those specific scenes. And they were doing so well at not doing that this season.

7. frank says:

I think so Promethia, I haven’t seen them either

8. Saberhawk says:

Tom, right again. It will be a hurricane.

9. frank says:

I think I am starting to like Zarek.

10. Saberhawk says:

Yes, head Baltar

11. leland says:

Yeah Head Baltar!

12. frank says:

Tigh is one badass dude, even if he is wrong most of the time.

13. Browncoat Bryan says:

All I have to say is….

Saul Tigh… Bad Ass.

14. Blue says:

Wow…Tigh can take a punch! He’s one tough, crusty old bastard!

15. Promethia says:

This is uncomfortably heavy=handed. That said, thank you Tigh for calling Helo on his shit, no matter how prejudiced and unpleasant you had to be about it.

16. Browncoat Bryan says:

I mean, the guy took a hit from Helo. And we all saw how big his guns are.

And Head Baltar is back. He’s a bit weaker than he was in “Downloaded”, but it’s great seeing him again.

17. Saberhawk says:

Yeah, but he walked off saying CRAAAAAAAAP, that boy cna throw a punch.

18. Saberhawk says:

Who knew – a cylon that knows how to fold clothes. I thought that was a centurians job.

19. Promethia says:

Would they kill Dee? And more importantly, would I care? I don’t know.

20. Saberhawk says:

She will wake up in goo…….

21. Saberhawk says:

Although I really cannot picture her as a final 5. Starbuck…maybe.

22. Blue says:

Helo’s been a Boy Scout since day one.

“Baltar’s the smartest person alive, let him take my seat on the Raptor to get off Caprica”. Yeah, that turned out good for humanity.

“Sharon you came back for me, so I’ll protect you from the Cylons”. Oh, yeah, about that…I’m a Cylon, too. Thanks anyway!

“Admiral, we can’t commit genocide against the Cylons”. The Cylons were only kidding about destroying all remnants of the 12 Colonies when they nuked everybody, chased them halfway across the galaxy, and tried to enslave them on New Caprica. Oh wait…no, they really wanted to kill everybody.

Did Helo’s view of the world around him as totally black and white actually do good this time?

23. frank says:

Thats a good rap up Blue I could not have said it better myself.
    The boy scout finally won one!!!

24. Browncoat Bryan says:

I don’t care what any of you all say. My respect for Helo has gone up 100%. A man who stands up for the minority, he’s top in my book. Yeah, I’m still somewhat upset that he didn’t pay for what he did in “A Measure of Salvation” and didn’t really think in “Rapture”, but he’s probably the ONLY person on that show that has a moral center.

25. frank says:

I know it’s hard to judge by a trailer for next week, but maybe they are getting back to basics. A serious problem and they spend the episode trying to fix it, maybe they are finally getting away from the love quad, and getting back to the drama of space.

26. Saberhawk says:

Looks like we are about to see where that center leads him after that conversation in the bonus scene.

27. frank says:

We’ll know next week if they start calling him lieutenant.

28. GWC N00b says:

Come on, it’s Senator Kelly! You expected anything less than his bigotry? I kept expecting him to say, “If it were up to me, I’d lock ’em all away.”

29. Blue says:

HA! Good one, frank! I wonder if that scene was right after the Admiral gave him mad props about doing the right thing. What a way to stop the Admiral’s write up for the “Colonial Humanitarian Medal”….

30. 13th Cylon says:

1) This was a good episode since there was plenty of Tigh and Cottle, but it lacked the boost most episodes had. My heart was never racing like it normally does. Of course the hypochondriac in me was pretty freaked out at the start of the episode.

1.5) How could he tell a Sagatarron from a Caprican? I can hardly tell a fellow Floridian from a Yankee other than the accents and these people didn’t have much of an accent. Of course, they did seem to be the hippies of the fleet, so that kind of gave a lot of it away.

2) Next week looks like it won’t be craaaappp! It’s back to the basics where BSG/ several characters lives are in danger. My favorite episodes are always the ones when they’ve got their back up against the wall.

31. Joe says:

There was way too much prejudice in this episode against the sagittarians and not enough people sticking up for them. Helo came off as paranoid, even though he ended up being right. He didn’t have any solid evidence until 45 minutes into the show.
    Who else is waiting for Dee to bite it?

32. Armando says:

Deleted scene or not, Adama acknowledged Helo’s “rightness.” In your face, Helo-bashers!

😉

33. free2slide says:

I’ve always been a fan of Helo, and while i’m at it, Baltar is my favorite character of all time. I want nothing more than to see Six and Baltar work it out and get together… those two crazy kids.

34. free2slide says:

….and maybe their head counterparts will get together as well.

35. 13th Cylon says:

LMAO! When Roslin and Tory (spelling?) were watching Six kiss and talk to Head Baltar!!! That totally made the episode right there. The look on Laura’s face was classic! Of course I’m still loving last episode’s tirade of “THROW HIM OUT THE AIRLOCK!!!”

Good stuff.

36. Carol says:

Man, Tigh is a tough old bird. ‘Better have the doctor look at that hand’, complete with gleeful snigger.

37. Carol says:

Eh. So-so episode, though it was nice to see Head Baltar, however
    briefly, and Tigh was cool. Next week’s looks better.

38. john patrick says:

Tigh is a small, wounded old man, whose job is to be the beta-wolf.

Helo is the moral compass of the fleet, and Adama knows it.

I really think they were reading liberal blogs last winter? spring? when they were writing these episodes. There is something to be said regarding Lt. Watada at this point… but I’ll spare you all.

I just want to remind you all, that before Leoben went out the airlock, he said the words…. “Adama is a cylon.”

And so am I. Meow!

39. perry ostrin says:

um didnt rosilyn’s assitant die on new caprica holding hybrid baby or am i confused?

40. JB25 says:

Does this mean we can take Dee off the “potential cylon” watch list? Do human meds work on cylons? If that happens to be the case, well, we got one answer out of this epidsode: Dee isn’t a cylon.

The Woman King was okay at best. I felt it was lacking.

41. JB25 says:

@ perry – nope, that was the adopted mother of Isis/Hera/Hybrid Baby. Her first assistant (Billy) died on cloud nine.

42. Audra says:

JB25 you just beat me to it! Yep, it was the woman who was supposed to be Hera’s new mother who died just before everyone left New Caprica.

43. Chuck says:

JB25: Speaking of Hera, the medication seems to work for her, so maybe that’s an indication that it’d work for Cylons. Also, the Cylons’ susceptibility to other “simple” human diseases from early this season — remember the “genocide” episodes? — might serve as an indicator that their physiology doesn’t differ that much.

But that begs the question: Why didn’t Hera’s Cylon Baby Blood(tm) protect her? Maybe it’s just a cord blood thing?

44. perry ostrin says:

oh yeah the broad from “eureka” thanks!

45. The 13th Cylon says:

@ Chuck- Is it possible that those blood cells have already all died. I think blood cells only live around 30 days and she’s much older than 30 days.

46. joe says:

The Woman King is the name of the Sagatarion woman who’s son died. She’s not a Mrs.